Thursday, May 19, 2011

Terrible Thursday....

This is my “depressed stance”.  
When you’re depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand.  
The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you’ll start to feel better.  If you’re going to get any joy out of being depressed, you’ve go to stand like this.  
– Charlie Brown

I love this quote. 
Whenever I'm in a bad mood (like today) I always think of this quote. 
I then put a smile on my face and "fake it till I make it."
Most days, that smile becomes genuine and all's okay again.
Today......is not that day.

To be honest, nothing extremely bad happened today. 
Heck, nothing bad happened today period. 
It just wasn't a good day. 

But......you know what else I LOVE??    
Hot showers. I'm talkin so hot that it physically hurts.
So hot that it feels like my skin is melting off of me and when I'm done, my skin is beat
 (is it beat or beet??) red and extremely hot to the touch. 
I just can't get enough of that feeling. 
And this is probably why my skin can never stay hydrated. 

I just experienced one of those amazing sauna-esque showers. 
And now I'm laying in bed, in my sweats and a hoodie.
Oh, it's only 6 o'clock pm, you say??
Sigh. I need a life. 

Actually, I need the opposite of a life. I need a break from life.
It really has me run down lately. 
That's probably because it never seems to give me what I want or need.
And to be honest, I haven't really had a vacation in a couple of years. 
I haven't taken more than a day or two away from Manhattan either.
No wonder I'm ready to bid this town goodbye. 

And I will be doing just that in about 7 1/2 months! 
Wichita, here I come!!
Ha. Okay, maybe that doesn't sound like the most exciting place under the sun,
but it's something I'm more than looking forward to.
I simply can't wait. 

Wish I could fast forward time....


No comments:

Post a Comment